- Associate with saintly people (satsanga).
- Read stories of divinity and divinely inspired beings.
- Feel the privilege of doing seva (selfless service) to the Guru.
- Sing of divine qualities without any selfish motivation.
- Recite mantras with full faith.
- Perform all actions with tranquility and see every circumstance as an opportunity to manifest perfection.
- See the world as equal to God and regard the company of saintly beings as a greater opportunity than perception of God.
- Be satisfied with the whatever fruits come of your karma.
- Don’t contemplate the faults of others.
- Remain with simplicity all the time.
- Renounce conniving for selfish ends.
- Take delight in faith in God with neither exultation nor unhappiness
- From your bhava, the bhava grows.
- The root is your idea.
- The book of Proverbs says, “If you find a man of wisdom, let your foot wear out his doorstep.”
- Don’t wait any longer…the time is now, the place is here.
Sources and Citations
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Have Devotion As Told by Lord Rama. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.