Need to draw a cartoon man for a school project, greeting card for someone or just plain bored and looking for things to draw? Follow this simple step-by-step how to for instructions on how to draw a cartoon man.
- Start out using a light color. Light blue in particular or yellow won’t show up if you scan or copy your drawing, so you don’t need to erase it. When you are happy with your picture, go over your best lines in black.
- Draw a circle, which will be the man’s head.
- Draw a rectangle, attached to the man’s head by a small line, which leaves a space to draw his neck. The rectangle will be the man’s chest and stomach area.
- Draw two stick legs on the man.
- Draw two stick arms on the man, and a couple of fingers.
- Add some more detail to his arms.
- Add some more detail to his legs.
- Draw a pair of ears on the man.
- Add some hair on the man if you like.
- Add detail to the man’s ears.
- Add the man’s facial features, including his eyes, nose, mouth and eyebrows. Always remember that people’s eyes are positioned halfway down their heads, not at the top. You can adjust his expression by the slope of the eyebrows and the angle or curve of the mouth.
- Draw a shirt on the man.
- Draw, and add detail, to your man’s fingers. Some people find it more pleasing to only draw three fingers and a thumb, but it’s up to you.
- Add detail to the remaining parts of your man, including his pants and shoes. Don’t forget that people’s heels extend past the line of the leg.
- Using a pencil instead of a pen or marker can prove helpful as it is much easier to correct any mistakes, because you can just simply erase the errors and start over again.
- The source below provides a step-by-step video on how to make this drawing.
- How to Draw a Cartoon Woman
- How to Draw a Cartoon Face
- How to Draw a Cartoon Dog
- How to Draw a Cartoon Frog
- How to Draw a Cartoon Lion
Sources and Citations
- http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-draw-a-cartoon-man” rel=”nofollow”>VideoJug – Original source of information. Shared with permission.
- Stephen Marchant, Cartoon Museum, London
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-a-Cartoon-Man”>How to Draw a Cartoon Man. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/”>Creative Commons license.